Welcome back to episode 20, friends, and to the podcast that is, in theory, about customer support. You can listen below or on your favourite podcatcher, where you can search “Support Breakfast” or follow one of these clickable links: Soundcloud, iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music.
If you enjoy the episode, please do hit that subscribe button to keep us in your life. Already subscribed? Thanks – you’re the greatest! If you feel like leaving us a review in any of the platforms above, that would make us so happy. Remember: give us a five star rating, and tell us your favourite breakfast food.
This week we’re… well, we’re pretty tired actually. Sometimes, you’re the pigeon, and sometimes, you’re the statue. This week, we’re the statue, and so this episode has absolutely nothing to do with customer support. Instead, we talk hobbies, Harry Potter, and a few other things.
To start, what did we have for breakfast?
- Kiwi Sarah had Huel pancakes (they were not great).
- Lisa had a nap, instead of breakfast, so had an apple-y Nutri-Grain bar and coffee.
- Dave is recovering from all-you-can-eat sushi and did not have breakfast
- Conor had coffee and peanut butter and jam on toast
What do we like outside of customer support?
Dave is keen on:
- Drag queens
- Old-school Grand Theft Auto
Kiwi Sarah gives jazz-hands for:
- Her theatre group, especially their performance of Legally Blonde in July 2017 in London
- Vegan food, like the V12 Wellingborough Vegan Market in June 2017 and the Hackney Downs vegan market
Conor goes weak at the knees for:
- Fat Gay Vegan’s newsletter
- Playing tennis (he’s pretty awful at it)
- Climbing, and in particular bouldering
- Video games! Like Mass Effect Andromeda and Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Board games!
Lisa has a penchant for:
- … Books. So many books. Pretty much any genre, and also comic books and graphic novels. She specifically recommends Lumberjanes and Squirrel Girl
- She used to do fun exercise stuff, but alas that has fallen by the wayside since moving house
- Video games (like Final Fantasy XV and Jason Jupiter, Star Cadet)
- Story podcasts! Like The Strange Case of Starship Iris, Welcome to Night Vale and My Dad Wrote a Porno.
What Hogwart’s house do you belong to?
Do the Pottermore quiz and find out which house you’re in! Was the expulsion of all Slytherin an analogy for the interment of all Japanese people in the USA in World War II? Or is that something that Conor made up? Who knows?!
Here’s our houses:
- Dave is Slytherin. Woah.
- Lisa and Conor are Hufflepuff. I cut my hand up real bad. I’m a Hufflepuff!
- Kiwi Sarah is Ravenclaw. So intellectual.
And, if you ever wondered about customer support in the magical universe, have you heard of the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad, the Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee, the Pest Advisory Board, or Broom Regulatory Control?
Finally, vegan creme eggs in Ms. Cupcake in Brixton, not Brighton (they may be gone by now!)
You can leave us a review on iTunes, preferably with 5 stars (include your favourite breakfast food!).
As ever, our intro (and outro!) music is the brilliant Drops of H2O (The Filtered Water Treatment) by J.Lang (c) copyright 2012 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. Ft: Airtone. It is not Drops of Jupiter by Train, but if you like that song, you can listen to it here. Nor is it by J.D. Lang.